Quandong Rd Wombat Flat SA
The Maes are award-winning Australian sisters Maggie (banjo, guitar, and vocals) and Elsie Rigby (violin, and vocals).
Over the last three years the pair have toured extensively, bringing their unique contemporary twist on folk music to audiences in Australia, North America, the UK, and Ireland; most recently performing at the legendary Telluride Festival in Colorado.
Other stand-out shows include performances at the Hydro Stadium at Celtic Connection, Glasgow; Americana Folk Festival, Nashville; Cambridge Folk Festival, UK; Edmonton Folk Festival, Vancouver Folk Music Festival, Canada; Woodford, Port Fairy and National Folk Festivals, Australia.
Their sophomore album, Take Care Take Cover was awarded Best Folk Roots Album 2017 by The Age Music Victoria Award and has received rave reviews at home and abroad with The Australian calling it a “simply superb sophomore album”.
The Maes are currently working on a new album, which is set for release in 2019.
- “simply superb sophomore album.” The Australian *****
- “…underscores the ever growing potential these girls have to capture a truly international stage.” Folk Radio UK
- “The Maes’ songs are powerful, the vocal harmonies soar, and their own instrumental prowess is impressive” Penguin Eggs
- “quite simply breathtaking” Rhythms Magazine
- “Located at a crossroads where Australian, English and American folk traditions meet, The Maes are in the midst of creating something unique and very much their own” Songlines
- June 15
5:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Mike Roberts
DIRECTIONS FROM TRURO:
From the Sturt Hwy, Drive North on Truro-Eudunda Rd for approx 21km and TURN RIGHT on Foote Rd. Cross over first intersection (Neales Rd) staying on Foote Rd. TURN LEFT about half km further on Quondong Rd. Gate is around 250m further on left side.
DIRECTIONS FROM EUDUNDA:
Head East toward Morgan out of Eudunda on the Morgan Rd, TURN RIGHT onto Truro-Eudunda Rd, travel approx 6km and take 2nd LEFT TURN onto Foote Rd. Cross over first intersection (Neales Rd) staying on Foote Rd. TURN LEFT about half km further on Quondong Rd. Gate is around 250m further on left side.
Our section of Quondong Rd is well maintained and passable in 99% of conditions. If you see an ark with giraffes and stuff floating by, better turn back! Following either of the above sets of directions will keep you on good road. If you listen to your gps…..maybe not so much. Follow your nose like the guy below! We can’t wait to see you but drive safely!