128 Prospect Rd Prospect
The brilliant line-up (see attached poster) includes:
· Hannah Yates – a young singer songwriter from Adelaide’s North. She interweaves Folk and Soul performing her original music including pieces in honour of the Stolen Generation, and covers from 60’s and 70’s artists who have influenced her such as Joni Mitchell and The Kinks. Her floating vocal melodies accompanied by her nylon strung guitar, auto harp or cello, joined by an acoustic band just for this special event, will leave you with the lingering feeling of sweet agony… ” A past CLUB5082 partcicpant.
· Tilly Thomas – a 13 year old singer songwriter and guitarist who started performing in 2015 at arts and cultural events. She’s performed at the 2016 Survival Day event at the Semaphore foreshore on 26 January. Her song writing and performance is inspired by her Nukunu and Ngadjuri roots and driven by a blending of country, folk and pop music
· Ellie Lovegrove – as X Factor finalist in 2013 and a Young Achiever Award Winner who says her father, who died when she was 10 years old, was a country music singer and inspired her passion for music.
· Eskatology – Australian Hip Hop Artist and Triple J Unearthed finalist who started writing music at 12, Eskatology is one of most exciting new talents to come out of South Australia. His Indigenous roots remain his foundation, but this artist sees himself as a bridge , with a desire to affirm positive thoughts, and foster deep respect across cultures
· Kurruru Youth Performing Arts – is one of Australia’s leading Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth performing arts companies. It is committed to supporting the ongoing maintenance of culture, community and identity through the provision of quality performing arts opportunities for children, young people and their communities.
· Yorke Band – from the Yorke Peninsular playing music that everyone will enjoy
The Showcase was developed by Councils Youth Officer, Mark Crabtree in partnership with Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute through their Community Arts Engagement Officer (and renowned street artist) Narisha Cash – Working together for and in reconciliation.
Please help spread the word far and wide and I look forward to seeing you all there in three (3) week’s time.
Manager Arts Gallery and Events
City of Prospect
T 08 8342 8075
M 0411 209 941
128 Prospect Road Prospect I PO Box 171, Prospect SA 5082
Prospect City CouncilFacebookTwitterInstagramYouTube cid:image011.jpg@01D1536B.8C519D20