The Olive Branch Café, Balhannah,
Main Rd Balhannah
The CLUB ACOUSTICA FIRST SUNDAY END OF YEAR AND CHRISTMAS ‘BIG BASH’ CONCERT
SUNDAY 2ND DECEMBER
featuring a slew of long-standing and new, young and old, male and female, individual, duo and group favourite performers to bring our 2018 concert season to a rousing finale.
The action happens at The Olive Branch Café, Balhannah, on Sunday 2 December – doors open from 5pm. Don’t miss out – BOOK NOW by phoning Nicole on 8398 0009.
The line-up, a cornucopia of excellently elegant, exquisite, exciting, energetic and engaging entertainers, includes
· 5.30pm – Ella Callaghan; a young lady of musical and melodious virtuosity will set the standard for the evening.
· 6.00pm – Tony Barber; one of the club’s stalwarts will delight your little Acousticarian hearts with his polished renditions of songs from the 60s to the new millennium.
· 6.30pm – Adrienne and Peter; Adelaide’s finest folk music duo will present their take on old favourites and will showcase some of Adrienne’s award winning compositions.
· 7.00pm – SUM X 8; Club Acoustica’s much loved resident choir will treat you to their ‘bigger than Ben Hur’ presence and wonderful harmonies.
· 7.30pm – Elroy Jones; need I say more? The master of doo-wop and the only performer allowed to display his mastery of the Telecaster electric guitar at our acoustic venue will transport us to the era of hip with his laid back interpretations of popular genres from the 50’s and 60s and beyond.
· 8.00pm – Hills Heist; at their last appearance at the club, this band of Lobethal larrikins blew us away with their fabulously refreshing approach to acoustic rock. Bring your dancing shoes to see the evening out with gusto!
Sounds good eh? – but wait, (you guessed it) – there’s more
· Nicole our hostess with the mostest, and her merry band of Kool Kitchen Kats, will be serving up a gourmet storm of delish, delectable goodies with some devilishly desirable bevvies.
· Kyffin Williams will be mixing up a cocktail of scrumptious sonic sweeties at the sound desk.
· Caz and David will be employing their recititive (is this a word?) talents in their role as the respected resident poets
· The Audience – hmmmm, yes, well the audience will be doing what they do best – being the best, not so little acoustic music audience in the Adelaide Hills (if not the whole world)
All this for NUFFIN, ZILCH, ZIP, NON-DINEROS, or if you prefer FREE! What a bargain.
Join us to celebrate another successful year of top class acoustic music from Adelaide Hills and Plains dwelling performers – you won’t be disappointed!
And so, Dear Acousticarian friends, as this epistle edges slowly (but gracefully) to its conclusion, all that remains is for me to remind you – Keep Strummin’ and Hummin’ – and of course, enjoy life.
See you soon and cheers for now
Club Acoustica Eclectica, the best little acoustic music venue in the Adelaide Hills, meets each month at the Olive Branch Cafe, Balhannah for open mic events, special concerts, great company and food, and the finest acoustic music.